Monday, January 25, 2021

Motor Speed Controller

I found this motor speed controller module at an electronics surplus store. This will allow me to build a controller module that I am able to control more than one devise by just plugging and unplugging each device.

 
 
 
Parts Used in Build

 
As can be seen in the first image there is the controller, case for the controller, wire, control knob, male power connector (black and green) and female power connector (black and green).
 
 
 
Put Together and Working



 
 
In the second image you see it put together. I ended up using 2 female power connectors. It was very easy to put together. I connected a DC motor to test how it works. I am very pleased with the device. The power connectors are labelled with 'M' for motor output and 'P' for power input. Using these female connectors I am now able to connect different power adapters(3v - 12v).

The power connectors(found at an electronics surplus store) are also a great find. With these I can create different connectors and adapters. People are always throwing unused power adapters at me so now I can use them no matter what end they have. Wires are screwed in at one end of the connector. Where the wires connect it is labeled with either '+' or '-'. So if you find any get some.

No comments: