Sunday, January 3, 2021

 Second-Hand Store Finds

Second-hand stores can be a great place to find lab equipment and science kits. Though it is a hit or miss. Many times there is nothing to be had there. The biggest drawback can be the cost of the items. Some places charge outrageous prices for items. So be careful when looking and buying.

I found some electronic equipment I intend to use in some of my experiments.

1) A SOAR Corp. analog CRT based oscilloscope. From the simple tests I have done with it, it seems to be working fine.
 
 

Oscilloscope



2) A Cenco A.C. volt meter.

A.C. Meter


3) A electronic breadboard. To this I had to add the binding posts myself. Luckily I had some in my lab. The posts did not fit the holes. I did not want to buy any new ones so I designed and 3D printed fittings for the holes that the posts fit into. You can see the yellow fittings under the posts.


Breadboard


For less than $30 I picked up some useful equipment for my lab.



No comments: